From Marsh Mash September 2009
- One 500ml bottle (or 18 fluid ounces), good quality, flavoursome, flat beer (I used Woodfordes Nelson's Revenge)
- 6 tablespoons Sugar (any sugar can be used - caster sugar dissolves quicker)
NOTE: If using a bottle conditioned beer, strain beer before using to avoid the sediment getting into the sorbet and spoiling it.
- Put beer and sugar into a large mixing bowl, stir together with a tablespoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following Manufacturer's instructions.
- When frozen (mine took about 30 minutes), transfer sorbet into a suitable container and place in the freezer.
Enjoy this very unusual and refreshing sorbet!
Recipe by Shirley Johnson