The views expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), Ashford, Folkestone & Romney Marsh branch of CAMRA nor the webmaster. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that information on this site is accurate and up to date, no responsibility for errors and omissions can be accepted.
Your Privacy is very important to us. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: camra-afrm.org.uk
From time to time, our site may use a contact form for customers to request information. Contact information from the contact form is used to send information about events to our customers.
The customer's contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; (see the choice / opt-out section below).
This site contains links to other sites, camra-afrm.org.uk is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server - a device where one or more websites are stored - to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website is powered by the Joomla web Content Management System (CMS). By default, Joomla CMS automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Below, this cookie is referred to as a "session" cookie; that means, the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz = from Google Analytics. These cookies are installed in a visitor's web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We can then use the resulting data to generate reports that can help us improve the website experience. These cookies collect data anonymously; the resulting information allows us to identify the number of visitors who have come to the website, where visitors have come from, and which web pages visitors viewed while on our website.
- Joomla session cookies (for example: ddfd5b8e2eb21abeda21d8f744ea3c4a) = cookies that are part of Joomla website Content management System (CMS) for this installation, normally automatically installed into a visitor's web browser when visiting this website. The cookies are active only for the current session, and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
The following links provide information on how to enable or disable cookies using a web browser:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari (OS X) (Apple Mac, etc)
- Apple Safari (IOS) (iPhone, iPad)
- Google Android
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing this update and is provided in good faith.
Choice / Opt-Out
Our site provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. As a CAMRA AF&RM visitor to our website, the information you choose to give us will be treated in the strictest confidence and in line with the conditions as set out in the Data Protection Act.
Corrections / Updates
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can also contact CAMRA Ashford, Folkestone & Romney Marsh Branch, at the address below.
c/o 230 Hatfield Rd, St Albans, AL1 4LW. Telephone 0845 3881062
16 April, 2013